I see several people are having a similar issue and none of the posted solutions I’ve tried have worked for me. I’ve deleted antiviruses, run the SFC, installed updates, rebooted several times.
You receive the following error when you try to delete a local user account in Windows XP Home:
[text]Remove Domain Name\Computer Name.
Error 1377: The specified account name is not a member of the local group.
Error removing Domain Name\Computer Name.[/text]
This may be due to a corrupted user profile and usually occurs when a user account has been added/removed to various user groups or may be also caused by using a password reset utility like NT Password Editor.
A solid fix to this problem:
- Log-in to Safe Mode using the local Administrator account.
- Go to Run and execute the command:
This will fire up the Control Panel item for user accounts management not normally available in the Home Edition.
- Select and delete/remove the corrupted user profile.
Note: The local folder is not being deleted, only the user account. Delete the folder manually if needed.
1. Type the following in the address bar:
2. In the search field type:
3. Double-click “keyword.enabled” to be set to false.
4. Double-click the “keyword.URL” to set your source search engine:
Restart Firefox and enjoy searching from the address bar!