How to add a printer port mapped to a shared printer (most useful windows when it gets stubburn not installing the drivers):
[text]1. Add Printer
2. Create New Port: Local Port
3. Enter Port Name: \\server\printShareName
4. Next: use Windows Update to find a driver or browse to find it
You should now have setup a printer on a shared resource.
The procedure is for the Lenovo Netbook but may also work with other brands in a similar way.
- Insert boot media and start installation
- When prompted, select Custom/advanced setup
- Install on partition where ‘Lenovo’ volume sits
This will add the new OS and keep the older for dual-booting.
partition 1 = general data partition
partition 2 = Lenovo partition
partition 3 = OEM reserved volume